Saturday, January 22, 2011

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & M. Stohl

I put this one aside since it was huge - 512 pages! But I couldn't let it sit for long. I was in love with Beautiful Creatures and I fell maddly in love with Beautiful Darkness. I laughed, cried, couldn't put it down, I read through it faster than I thought and when I finished it - yeah she left me hanging but not in a bad way, just wanting more and panting at the end of it. I really thought it was involved, describing things in detail, that I was able to play a movie in my head while reading it.. was able to follow along easily and love all the twists and turns. I never thought I'd like reading a book in a boys point of view but i do!!

Ethan is consumed by Lena as he was in the first book, wanting to know why she's brushing him off, turning/running away from him. She should be able to choose now. Be her own person but she's not. She's turning ... away. Ridley's back and Link is falling again. But who can help it, she's a Siren! Ethan starts having massive visions and they turn out to be wild and overwhelming this time. Ethans dads back in the story but he's just a bystander (wish they had included him more). Amma is back to her supernatural ways and superstitions - she shows up more with the three sisters (his great aunts) and really surprises me. So does that darn cat!




Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.

Sometimes life-ending.


Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.

0 comments:


Blog Credit:
Graphics used on page are from digital scrapbooking kit Sugar Rush by Flergs and Ziska. Blog arranged by Designs by Sarah using her Blog Design Service.