Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Radiant Shadows

Ohhh I think I'm done reading this series... its gotten a little weird and there's so many twists and turns to it. I was shocked and surprised by the book, read through it all in 2 days. But it really didn't do anything for me... the next one comes out in Feb and I think I'll wait to read the reviews to see if its worth it.

My favorite characters in the series weren't even the main characters of the book - I barely read anything about Aislinn and Seth. They never touched where Keenan ran off to or what happened to him. It was all about the hound Ani and her relationship to the faries. It was a real bore until the middle and then it sped up so fast that I was trying to keep track of what was happening. Not my favorite in the series.

 

Hunger for nourishment.
Hunger for touch.
Hunger to belong.

 

Half-human and half-faery, Ani is driven by her hungers.
Those same appetites also attract powerful enemies and uncertain allies, including Devlin. He was created as an assassin and is brother to the faeries' coolly logical High Queen and to her chaotic twin, the embodiment of War. Devlin wants to keep Ani safe from his sisters, knowing that if he fails, he will be the instrument of Ani's death.

Ani isn't one to be guarded while others fight battles for her, though. She has the courage to protect herself and the ability to alter Devlin's plans—and his life. The two are drawn together, each with reason to fear the other and to fear for one another. But as they grow closer, a larger threat imperils the whole of Faerie. Will saving the faery realm mean losing each other?

Alluring romance, heart-stopping danger, and sinister intrigue combine in the penultimate volume of Melissa Marr's New York Times bestselling Wicked Lovely series. 

0 comments:


Blog Credit:
Graphics used on page are from digital scrapbooking kit Sugar Rush by Flergs and Ziska. Blog arranged by Designs by Sarah using her Blog Design Service.