Sunday, October 23, 2011

Illusions Book 3 in the Wings Series by Aprilynne Pike

I know its been A LONG TIME since I read Wings (book 1) and Spells (book 2) - but I grabbed this while at the university waiting for my ride. Not a bad read and I was able to finally jump back into it, I had forgotten the entire story line lol.

There's a love triangle - Laurel (a faerie) David (a human) and Tamani (another faerie from Avalon) - Laurel has to choose 1 or the other, or neither for her own saniti and theirs.

The author introduces another character Yuki - Japanese exchange student - well we all know she's not, we know she's a faerie - but we don't know if she's innocent or evil, a spring or winter faerie. Tamani takes the time to get to know her and track her to try and find out... you wait til the end of the book to get any idea AND UMM I'm PISSED how it stopped... seriously... I kept going back and trying to see if I missed a page or two lol. Just smacks you in the face and it ends.

Good book though. Now that I'm back into it, can't wait for the next one! Destined is due out 4/28/12



Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.

0 comments:


Blog Credit:
Graphics used on page are from digital scrapbooking kit Sugar Rush by Flergs and Ziska. Blog arranged by Designs by Sarah using her Blog Design Service.