Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 4 of Cycle 1

Well now that we are off the Megace - the lovely drug that Mike thinks makes me calm when the doctor warned us that I could turn into a raging lunatic lol. We've been cleared by the Oncologist at the University of Iowa ( from here on out called the U lol) to get pregnant and then go from there afterwards. Our first step was getting past the knock out surgeries. Then for my monthly to just begin... seriously forgot what they were like after being on the meds for almost a year. I couldn't wait for the dang thing to start and now that I'm on day 4 I can't wait for it to end lol. It took 3 weeks instead of the 1 the fertility doctor said it would, I was getting nervous and so was he, he ordered an ultrasound at the U and thankfully I got to make the call to cancel it.

So our first attempt will be with Femara. We did Clomid years ago and had no success. This isn't supposed to have as much side effects. Lets hope that's true. So days 3-7 I take 2 pills at 8am everyday. Then have fun and on day 21 go in for blood work to see if the pills made me ovulate. Meanwhile I take the ovulation kits and try using those... I swear they are the most difficult to figure out... its pink to begin with and then its supposed to get darker. We'll see if that works with me lol.

Then next month *cross your fingers!! We start IVF - we are just waiting on an apt and getting started on the program. Apparently its a month out for the intial apt. I'm faxing in the paperwork for it today. We found out that the insurance pays $15,000 towards IVF and we were just dumbfounded. The nurse even said it was like Christmas lol

Seems odd to think that in less than 2 months we could be pregnant. I'm not sure its sunk in yet. All these years (12) trying to get pregnant and now, we have a 95% chance between both cycles to get pregnant. It just blows my mind. I'm excited and nervous and trying not to get my hopes up too high. Well buying baby stuff isn't the greatest not to get your hopes up but dang it, they were a steal lol

Lets see how the next couple days go with the meds!

0 comments:


Blog Credit:
Graphics used on page are from digital scrapbooking kit Sugar Rush by Flergs and Ziska. Blog arranged by Designs by Sarah using her Blog Design Service.