Friday, May 7, 2010

What was I thinking?? Mad Hatter...

Ok so super mom here has decided to jump high buildings and throw herself off a couple lol - I somehow promised Amber I'd throw a summer party for her again. Yeah... haven't discussed this one with hubby yet... we can wait on that one technicality, right?

No idea on a date... thinking July. But need to give the kids their invites before school gets out. I found a site that does reminder calls a couple days before an event for free - so I'm going to have Amber record her voice and send the reminder to the kids cell phones and home phones.

I found the cutest watermelon lollipops at the dollar store - huge ones with chocolate seeds in them and everything...
I always seem to get ideas on parties from lollipops LOL - last summer it was the camping party - we did marshmallow lollipops that looked like where on a stick (they tasted like toasted marshmallows too!)

I was thinking - picnic - cookout but then I thought - watermelons on a stick... odd...
let's go mad and do an Alice in Wonderland party... or should I say Amber in Wonderland party :)

Ideas so far...
decorating the porch with twinkle lights and streamers
setting up a tent outside for them to sleep in
Tea Party table with plastic chairs
Make some cardboard cards to put in the ground
let them play
flamingo croquet
Tea cup races on your head
build a house of cards? with teams
cookies with Eat Me on them
Little personal bottles with Drink Me on them

I think I found an invite I like - need to choose colors for it


And the wording might go something like this...

By the order of the Queen of Hearts,
You are hereby invited to a very merry unbirthday party

Now, statistics prove that you’ve one birthday.
Imagine, just one birthday every year!

Ah, but there are three hundred and sixty four unbirthdays
Precisely why we are gathered here

Because it’s a very merry unbirthday to you!
To me! Yes, you! …. Oh Me!
Lets all congratulate with another cup of tea!

Find your Queen’s Men and take a seat
Enjoy a light snack and a sweet treat.

A Garden with confections, characters and chatter
Don’t miss this fabulous tea party, hosted by the Mad Hatter!

For being our guests, we have a small favor
That is taken with you to later savor!

Eat Me! Drink Me! And don’t be late!
Join us as we celebrate

And down the rabbit hole we shall go

To Wonderland… or who knows?



Found these cute Mad Hatter gift boxes - put some bubbles and playing cards in


Any thoughts??

1 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! No suggestions here...when I think of a slumber party, I think of pizza and ice cream and girls giggling about boys and staying up way too late! You've taken this to a whole 'nother level! I'm inspired and exhausted just by reading this!!!:) Have fun!!


Blog Credit:
Graphics used on page are from digital scrapbooking kit Sugar Rush by Flergs and Ziska. Blog arranged by Designs by Sarah using her Blog Design Service.