Saturday, September 4, 2010

What fall traditions do you have?

Last night I spent time with Amber and her friend (they had a sleepover last night lol) going through her closet cleaning and packing... remembering when she drew this artwork or she made this vase... getting all homesick for NY and starting the fall blues (the 52 degree weather isn't helping either!) and I realized its Apple Pickin time back home. Indian Ladder Farms starts this month, their cider starts on the 16th and ohhh I used to love going with my family - load up the wagon and pick all day, watch the cider donuts be made in the window and then shop in the store for the fresh donuts and cider. Of course my cousin puts on facebook this morning he's craving a cider donut lol... great minds think alike!

Then my mind starts flowing... with the move I still want to have our traditions even though the house is full of boxes. Apple Pickin, make an apple pie (I have yet to do this with Amber - my mom does it all the time), Pumpkin Pickin, Carving Pumpkins, decorating the house for the holidays, making chili and invite neighbors over to watch football on TV (ok Mike makes the chili not me lol), Make cookies, watch Disney Hauntober Fest (I print out the schedule for Amber)...

What traditions do you have? What special things do you like to do in September and October?? I'd love to do more, create more memories...

Post your response below and I'll pick someone to win a special holiday treat!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ours are a lot like yours. We have already hit our favorite cider mill, Parmenters, in Northville MI, on its opening day. My husband is enjoying the afternoon at "The Big House" the UM home opener. College football, cider mills, long runs through the parks, and Halloween festivities are just a few of our favorite fall traditions. melissaholmes(at)peoplepc(dot)come


Blog Credit:
Graphics used on page are from digital scrapbooking kit Sugar Rush by Flergs and Ziska. Blog arranged by Designs by Sarah using her Blog Design Service.